Tuesday 22 May 2012

I'm Female. I Multi-Task. Sorta.

No matter what goes on in my life, I have ALWAYS found time to be creative. I can't live without it. When times are hard it's the best thing ever to escape into a magical world of colourful pretty things :)

My dream job is not to be a waitress. But it's actually a really fun local job that I love and the people there are just as insane as me. But working 37 hours a week means I have less time to paint my nails. Obviously in a kitchen we're not allowed to wear nail polish so I'm having to be wayyyy more organised with my time in order to paint my nails between work...

I found this awesome UK based website called The Make Up Bag through a Facebook post. This site has LA COLORS for £1.29. If you're from America then that may not sound amazing to you. But here in the UK you'd be suuuper lucky to find nail polish like that so cheap. I bought about 11 bottles and it cost me roughly £13-£14. Best deal ever. I love them all.

I had no time to make a video on this day but these three colours are Magnetic Force [red one] Summertime [pink one] and Shock [yellow one].

I used slightly darker acrylic paints for the leopard dots. Hope you like my shifty summer quickie!!



 

Jenny went to a salon to have some sneaky acrylics done. So she greeted me on Friday night with a lovely canvas to paint these flames on.

We hang out and have some beers and discuss unicorns and politics and paint nails. I did not intend for these to even look like this. I started painting the outline of some flames on the second or third finger and Jenny was like, "yay wow cool" and we said some funny shit and made some strange noises and I moved onto the next nail without finishing it... It was a total disorganised slightly intoxicated mess. We chatted and laughed our asses off about unpublishable weirdness whilst I went backwards and forwards painting random nails...

And this is how they turned out.



I found a LOL pic on Facebook that said "YOU LOOK FINE" above the bathroom sink instead of a mirror. I have no mirror above my bathroom sink and I'm so freakin inspired right now.

Once I've finished editing my videos I'm totally gonna have a bathroom sesh with my paintbrush. TEE-HEEEE!!!!

All this means I'm gonna have to actually get out of bed in the mornings.

Restaurants don't have early shifts. But painting does.

4 comments:

  1. Love both sets of nails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE tell me you are posting a tutorial for the flame nails!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmyyyeeeehhhhhh ohhhh I want to now cos everyone's going mental for them.
      I might change the colours or something though. Never paint the same thing twice.
      Ever ;)
      OH AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR MY BABY GRAVY TO ARRIVE!!!!
      xmwahxx

      Delete
  3. I thought your post giving such a good information about nail polish.Buying nail polish product at online can be easy in stores.

    cheap nail polish & buy lipstick

    ReplyDelete